Potential heating device hazards:
A space heater can help the space near you toasty warm, but it can't & shouldn't be used to heat your entire apartment. If you do make use of a space heater, make sure to take the following precautions:
- Plug into the wall directly - NO EXTENSION CORDS
- Position so that you don't have to worry about it being a trip hazard
- Be very careful about placing object too close - keep NOTHING within 3 feet of it
- Not recommended if you have small children in the home, if so be prepared to play defense between them and the heater
- Unplug it any time you leave the room. Do Not Leave Unattended
- Ensure that anyone who operates it knows how to do so correctly
- Don't put the blanket in the washing machine!
- Don't scrunch it up, sit on it or pile it up while it's on.
- Turn off when you are warm enough, if you ever see smoke from any part of the blanket - TURN OFF IMMEDIATELY
- Check the Consumer Product Safety Commissions website to avoid makes and models with known safety concerns
Happy Fall and Winter to come!