Bulky items such as carpet, appliances, furniture, mattresses, etc., will be picked up by the city crews only during your annual neighborhood area cleanup, scheduled sometime between March 1 and August 30.
If you have questions about bulky item collection,
Find your collection date fast... go to the online lookup by address!
All city route maps are linked below.
- City trucks will go through your neighborhood only ONCE. Items placed at the curb behind the crews will not be collected.
- Do not place items out more than 3 days in advance of your collection date.
- Do not mix bulky items with yard waste, recyclables or brush.
- Items the city can collect include: mattresses, appliances, furniture, carpet and toys.
- Items not acceptable for collection include: electronic waste, yard waste, wood, lumber, building material, glass, tires, car parts, paint, oil drums, cement, rocks and hazardous or infectious waste.
- PLEASE NOTE: televisions and computers and related computer equipment are banned from landfills in North Carolina. This includes CPUs, laptops, monitors, printers, printer/fax/scan devices, mice and keyboards; and all televisions, including flat-panel televisions, projection televisions and televisions with picture tubes. More information on banned landfill items
- Collectible bulky items mixed with uncollectible items will not be removed. If you live in a townhouse or condo, there is a possibility that items will need to be placed in a central location for easier collection.
- Bulky item collection is for single family residences, NOT businesses or apartments.
- Other than the one-time annual neighborhood pickup, residents should dispose of these items at the Hanes Mill Road Landfill. Landfill hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and Saturday, 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Read Landfill information, including how to get a permit
- News release about banned items 2/27/2012
2. March 5-9 3. March 12-16 4. March 19-23 5. March 26-30 6. April 2-6
April 9-13 (Easter Week)
7. April 16-20 8. April 23-27 9. April 30-May 4
10. May 7-11 11. May 14-18 12. May 21-25 13. May 29-June 1
(Memorial Day Week)
14. June 4-8
15. June 11-15 16. June 18-22 17. June 25-29
July 2-6 (Independence Day Week)
18. July 9-13 19. July 16-20 20. July 23-27
21. July 30-August 3
22. August 6-10 23. August 13-17 24. August 20-24
25. August 27-31 26. Sept 3-7
Look up your address and approximate collection date on the Bulky Item Collection Map